BHUSD candidate Robin S. Rowe hosts Zoom call discussion on the future of K12 education
BEVERLY HILLS, CA (robinsrowe.com) 2020/09/21 – What is the future of public school in Beverly Hills? Professor Robin S. Rowe leads discussion to include the most exciting advances in education.
- Distance Learning. The University of London was the first university to offer distance learning degrees. In 1858, is 160 years old.
- Online Learning. Launched by the Worldwide Web and the release of Netscape in 1995.
- Outdoor Education is 103 years old. Launched by UK Scouting in 1907. Outdoor Learning can avoid the spread of COVID-19.
- Classwide Peer Tutoring (CWPT) is a variation of peer-mediated instruction that has been used in elementary, middle school, and high school classrooms. Students form pairs and take turns in the roles of tutor and student. Peer Tutoring may be funded by the government, by ESSA.
- Pair Programming is an Agile technique in which two programmers work together at one workstation. One, the driver, writes code while the other, the observer or navigator, reviews each line of code as it is typed in.
- Collaborative AI Learning is a human-machine learning experience in which Artificial Intelligence becomes an equal in the education process. AI can draft writing assignments, speed up the learning process and act as a collaborator.
- Game Violence Addiction
- Student Journalism
- Speech Recognition
- Gesture Recognition
- Storytelling, Animation
- Health Monitoring with Goal Setting
- No multiple-choice questions
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
With special guest Devankar Mukhi, a Student Assistant at the Wayne State University Center for Peace & Conflict Studies in Detroit. Brainstorm. Ask a question. 30 minutes.
- What: A weekly half-hour call-in talk show for Beverly Hills parents, students, teachers and guests
- When: Mondays at 8pm PT, on September 28th
- Where: Robin Rowe’s Zoom Meeting Room
Meeting ID: 647 825 5464
- Note this event will be recorded and may be posted online!